Torque & Tension Systems
Precise Torque Setting While Tightening and Loosening Bolts
Plarad has been developing and manufacturing bolting tools that operate on precise torque settings for more then 50 years. Plarad tools are available for widths across flats of up to 320mm or larger and offer users exceptional ease of use. Plarad’s versatile range covers 500 different applications for a wide variety of industries. Their developments are not restricted to bolting devices, but include complete solutions suitable for any kind of bolting application.
Reliable Bolting Joints Require Reliable Tools
Plarad products are set apart by their supreme quality, an unsurpassed level of innovation and patented technology. Plarad’s bolting tools are perfectly attuned to one another. This ensures a reliable, precise bolting result every time, which can also be documented if necessary. Plarad’s wide selection of bolting tools offers you the perfect solution for all your bolting applications.
Proven Measuring Technology
Plarad’s services in the areas of testing and measuring technology are grouped into two categories: The first group of services is concerned with the precise measurement of the torque for your bolting application. Plarad’s other services involve the testing and adjustment of your bolting systems. Plarad’s testing facilities and equipment is certified by the calibration service at Germany’s Federal Physical and Technical Institute.
• In the majority of cases where bolts are used, torque-controlled tightening is the method used to tighten.
• With this method the friction on the thread and head of the bolt act as a precise pre-tensioning force, therefore the use of accurate tools is imperative.
• Effectively the bolt can be tightened quicker.
• This method is more practical and easier.
• Light, compact tools can be used where space is limited.
• As the nut is not rotated under load, there is no torsional load on the bolt.
• After achieving the desired applied load, the nut can be tightened without causing stress on it. The correct applied bolt load is therefore achieved.
• Even different co-efficients (levels) of friction have no effect on the tensioning process.
• Torque/torque-angle-controlled-tightening is more precise than purely torque-controlled tightening.
• The defined amount of rotation of the bolt (torque angle) automatically and accurately provides the required pretension.
• Control is achieved directly from the power pack, by means of microprocessor technology within the pump.
• Higher quality bolting joints are achieved.
• Results can be stored and used at a later date for documentation required in quality assurance processes.
• The whole control process is achieved without the need of external sensors, hence no need for extra cables from the tool.