We start at above and beyond.
REALIZE YOUR TRUE POTENTIAL. If “good enough” isn’t acceptable and you want to break away from the status quo by joining an agile and dynamic team, where you will have a significant impact on all Service and Calibration Program activities then Applifast may be the home for you!
Applifast is a trusted advisor to local, national, and global world-class original equipment manufacturers in the aerospace, agriculture, rail, bus/coach, truck/trailer industries, and many other private sector manufacturing, repair, and service companies.
We are honoured to be relied on daily for our manufacturing expertise – from fasteners and tooling to implementing cutting-edge advanced tooling for Industry 4.0 workflow automation and data collection by many of Western Canada’s first-rate manufacturers.
As a family-owned and operated company, customer care is just as important today as it was the day we opened our doors in 1974. An ethical and forward-thinking approach to business has always been part of our DNA, and it extends well beyond our products to the people we employ and the services we deliver.
Applifast is searching for a loyal Technical Service Specialist interested in long-term job stability with opportunities for growth and advancement.
The Technical Service Specialist role reports directly to Applifast’s Service Manager.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.applifast.com
Applifast is strategically situated in Murray Industrial Park in Winnipeg, MB.
The ideal Technical Service Specialist is progressive and experienced with tools and fasteners, has a passion for accuracy, tolerances, data, statistics, and is comfortable with IT/networking.
You adapt to new technology.
This person will have a ready willingness and hands-on character to complete pneumatic/ pneudraulic/hydraulic tool service and tool calibration/preventative maintenance on advanced fastening specialty production tools/tooling and you will be instrumental with onsite/remote customer support for DC tool projects, setups, tool programming, and final installations.
- Testing and commissioning new and serviced products to ensure correct working order prior to reaching the client.
- You are a key team member working in conjunction with the Sales Team educating the client on how to use and maintain their tool(s)/tooling. Explain issues and corrective action required with equipment failures and repairs to customers.
- You are responsible for scheduling, organizing, and completing annual preventative maintenance and calibrations with key clients, including managing all certifications.
- Working with guidance from the Sales Team, you will be responsible for SmartStarts to install, set up, test, and provide training at client facilities.
- On an ongoing basis, you will perform maintenance, service, troubleshooting, and provide customer support to our clients via email, phone, virtual or onsite visits.
- Diagnose problems and recommend solutions to repair tools. Analyze the effectiveness of client preventative maintenance practices and suggest improvements in those practices.
- Communicate with the Service Manager regarding parts, supplies, materials, or anything needed for performing your responsibilities.
- Use documentation – Service Checklists and detailed reports to be kept up to date on services that have been performed.
- Build and maintain positive relationships and rapport with Applifast colleagues, clients, and vendors.
- You are responsible for keeping a clean, tidy, and free of debris workspace – workbenches, tech area, desk, including work areas when onsite at client facilities.
- Properly use, maintain, and account for Applifast tools, tooling, and equipment.
- Manage the maintenance of Applifast’s shop equipment and ensure proper working order on a regular and annual basis.
- Always practice workplace safety procedures and protocols at Applifast and client facilities. You must strictly adhere to all client policies and procedures when present on their premises.
- Communicate clearly with Sales Team on all client tool repairs and service.
- Attend and actively participate in Service meetings and any other meetings pertaining to Service.
- Mechanically inclined with a comprehensive understanding of fastening, tooling, torque, preventative maintenance, and calibration.
- Favour for a Mechanical Engineer field or relevant experience in a similar or related industry.
- Fluent with IT, software programs, computers, networks, etc.
- Strong understanding of lean manufacturing and process control.
- Must be able to read and understand diagrams, CAD drawings, and parts breakdowns.
- Brilliant in diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong time-management, scheduling, and planning skills.
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently and collaborate as part of a team.
Type of Person Who Will Succeed in this Role
- A team player able to project a strong professional demeanor.
- Proactive and independent approach to problem-solving.
- Directive personality – solves problems in a decisive manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A keen eye for attention to detail.
- Strong drive to help others and a penchant for bottom-line results.
- Resonance with Applifast’s Mission Statement: “Continual growth through superior customer service, innovation, quality, and commitment”.
What to expect
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits program (including extra Vacation time, Manitoba Blue Cross Health Care Spending Account, Dress Code Allowance, and occasional sponsored lunches).
- An excellent corporate culture, with a caring, supportive team that is committed to personal and professional growth.
- An organization that is stable with a proven, trusted, and positive reputation.
You will usually work a regular 8:00am to 5:00pm (inclusive of a one-hour lunch break), Monday to Friday week, though you may on occasion have to work longer to meet a project deadline.
Progression will be determined by your personal drive and aims. You will find many opportunities for gaining increased responsibility and remuneration review.
Coaching/development sessions will be held frequently.
Subsidized education enrollment for job role skillset improvement and advancement.
Vendor training and certifications will be provided and funded in conjunction with Applifast.
If you think this position may have potential for you, please send your resume and cover letter explaining why we should hire you.
In your cover letter, you need to (briefly and in numbered formatting) outline the following items:
1. Examples of your work.
2. Why are you a good match for this role?
3. A sentence or two on your “philosophy” on what the theory of fastening is all about.
4. Your approximate remuneration needs.
If you do not provide a cover letter – your resume will not be read.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in Applifast. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and believe strongly in diversity and employment equality. All applications are sincerely appreciated, however only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.
By submitting your resume, you confirm you are eligible to work in Canada and understand that this role will require references and a criminal background check as Applifast is a verified registrant of the Government of Canada Controlled Goods Program.
Download Job Description