AVK Industrial Products
Market Leader in Blind Threaded Inserts and Studs
AVK manufactures blind installed threaded fasteners for transportation and general industrial markets worldwide. AVK features product lines of both imperial and metric fasteners along with numerous special designs that meet customer application requirements.
Specific Manufacturing Technology
AVK has developed specific manufacturing technology that sets their products apart from other blind installed fastener manufacturers. AVK calls what they do “Spinwall Technology™”. AVK’s Spinwall Technology™ blind installed fasteners consist of two types which are internally threaded inserts and externally threaded studs. Both products can be installed into a flat, tubular or other shaped materials using hand operated or pneumatic hand held tools right on your assembly line without adjustment even if the parent material varies in thickness. AVK products can be installed after paint or other finishes are applied to your product, eliminating the need for thread masking.
Advantages of Assembly with AVK
• Material thickness is being reduced to save weight, fuel, pollution and raw material cost. Fastening to thin materials is simple and reliable with AVK. AVK fasteners can be installed into thinner materials with greater ease than can be accomplished with weld nuts, pierce nuts, clinch nuts, thread tapping and thread forming screws.
• New material structures such as hydro forming tubing, aluminum extrusions and composite panels are being specified due to their strength to weight ratios. These materials form blind applications and are ideal for AVK fasteners versus other types of fasteners.
Neat and Clean
• Welding and the attachment of weld fasteners are being replaced with AVK due to health and clean air requirements for workers. The alternatives are expensive capital equipment vacuuming and air scrubber equipment. Weld fasteners also burn away pre-applied galvanized finishes requiring re-work to prevent corrosion. Pre-painted materials cannot be used with weld fasteners as the paint prevents weld nut attachment. Use of pre-painted materials can eliminate painting facility costs and environmental issues. Weld fasteners must be applied before a product is painted.
Plastics & Composites
• Plastics and composites are being used for products to take advantage of their molding, corrosion resistance, coloring and strength to weight ratios. AVK has specific products for blow, rotational, compression, vacuum, scrimp, honeycomb, process plastic and composite.
• Auto/Sport-Utility Vehicles
• Electronics Cabinetry
• Exercise Equipment
• Heating/Air Conditioning
• Lawn/Garden Farm Implement
• Medical Equipment
• Military Ground Support
• Military Vehicles
• Office Furniture
• RV Industry
• Solar Panels & Systems